Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Cricut cards to go with my new Cricut Explore One

My Cricut Explore One is now here.  I even set it up last night.  I am too rushed to blog about it tonight-- maybe later this week.  In the meantime, here are 4 cards I made with my (old, tiny) cricut.

Source- CAS(E) this sketch

I found this card sketch challenge.  It looks pretty simple so I decided to play along.  You know I can't follow directions but here is how it came out!


This is my closest card to the original. . . not quite there.  This is my daughter's favorite as she thinks the cupcake looks yummy. 


Sorry this one is so blurry-- really cute in real life!  I am too busy to retake pictures (or at least, I don't want to get the card out again when it is put away).  I like how "celebrate" is deliberately vague.  Can be used for birthday, anniversary, wedding, etc.


When planning out this card, I thought that the bow at the bottom could be the start of the stripes at the bottom of the layout.  I couldn't figure out what to do with it though so I abandoned that idea.  This is my husband's favorite card and again, party could be for lots of occasions. 


If you can't figure out, this one doesn't really follow the sketch at all.  It was late. . . my daughter needed to go to bed.  I did cut out 4 butterflies and fluffed them out.  Then I took a picture at an angle so you can see the flutter of them.  

1 comment: